October 1985 Home   Newsletters

November 1985

December 1985

November General Meeting
President's Message (Dorothy Lum)
Fall Voter - Consensus on the Federal Deficit
Report from the Hill - LWVUS
Mildred Towle
Roster Update
Nominating Committee
Amnesty Day - Disposal of Household Waste
Coastal Zone Management (CZM)
Hawaii State Plan - Public Participation
People's Water Conference
Chemical Weapons Bill
From Trinity to Star Wars - A Nationwide Video Conference...
League of Women Voters Publications
LWV of the Bay Area...
Vote Count Volunteers Needed!
Calendar

Fall Voter - Consensus on the Federal Deficit

Wearing a new face and a new body, the fall Voter carries a wealth of information designed to help League members ponder the deficit problem and to arrive at a consensus on League's position on this seemingly unsolvable problem.

The back cover contains the consensus questions, and it is important for all League members to attend to it as soon as we receive our Voters to meet the deadline.

You are cautioned not to remove the mailing label on the back because that is the proof of your membership in League. Removal of the label invalidates your response.

League needs to participate actively in the public debate on this all important issue and large scale member participation in this consensus will give the leadership greater confidence in the position League will take in the debate.

UNIT MEETINGS HELD TO DISCUSS DEFICIT

"Americans are now paying for only 80% of our annual governmental expenses, leaving 20% for future generations to pay. This practice keeps our current standard of living high while ensuring a lowering of the standard for our children "

This was the message heard by members who attended the two unit meetings on the federal deficit. The first meeting was held at Amelia Copi's home and the second at the League office.

Standing in for Opal Sloane, Dorrie Marsh did a masterful job of explaining the how, what and why's of the deficit and leading the groups in their spirited discussions.

We'd like to thank Amelia for the use of her beautiful home and for her hospitality.

************************************

LOOK FOR YOUR FALL VOTER. STUDY IT. FILL IN THE QUESTIONNAIRE AND MAIL IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,

October 1985 Home   Newsletters December 1985