Victim Safety in Hawaii
We would like to thank:
- All those who reviewed drafts of this report
- All the League members who helped with this project
- Karen Kahn: The Write Stuff, former editor of Sojourner: the Women's Forum. Karen has spent the last year in Hawaii doing freelance writing and editing. For the last six months she has been working with this committee to draft this report.
- Ina Percival and The State Commission on the Status of Women for useful comments and discussion and for their continued collaboration.
- All the survivors who shared their stories over the last two years, especially the group that gathered on March 12, tape recorder and all.*
- All the advocates that met with us to provide their perspectives on victim services.*
*Voices are confidential. Many of the voices represented in this report provided frank input that is usually not available. If you are an advocate there is a risk of losing your job. If you are a victim, you are reluctant to criticize the system for fear of losing services. Over the last two years we spent 211 hours talking with victims and 410 hours talking with advocates.