A Case Not to Miss
Adequate Funding of Elections is a Must (Jean Aoki)
Leaguers Came Through for ConCon Activities (Jean Aoki)
Local League Reports: Honolulu (Piilani Kaopuikiu)
Local League Reports: Hawaii (Helen Hemmes)
Local League Reports: Honolulu
1. Membership as of Sept. 3, 09 – 192
2. On June 13, 2009, the League of Women Voters of Honolulu recognized nine members for their service to the community. Together Jean Aoki, Arlene Ellis, Evangeline Funk , Grace Furukawa, Helen Griffin, Anna Hoover, Jackie Parnell, Mary Anne Raywid and Carol Whitesell have been League members for over 273 years. The Hawaii State Legislature presented a certificate to each honoree for outstanding volunteer service to help improve our community. Attendees at the luncheon at the Elks Honolulu Lodge felt great pride in these League luminaries.
3. Planning and Transportation – Pearl Johnson and Charles Carole monitor the City and its actions regarding rail. This committee is also looking at the proposed Ewa and Kakaako developments.
4. Vote Count – Arlene Ellis is coordinating the Teamsters upcoming election and the vote count for FullOn Holdings Inc Native Hawaiian election.
5. Voter Service – JoAnn Maruoka and Piilani Kaopuiki moderated and supported two candidate forums for the District V Honolulu City Council special election in July.
6. Honolulu will again host the Annual Donald & Astrid Monson Award Celebration, in November 2009. Donna Wong, Executive Director, Hawaii’s Thousand Friends will receive the 2009 award. Details TBA.
Reminder: January 18, 2010 is the date for the Martin Luther King, Jr. parade.
|March 2009||Top Home Newsletters||December 2009|